Last Updated: January 29, 2019
Scope of this Policy
Density Inc. (“Density”, “we”, “us” or “our”) understands you care how information about you is collected and used. Density is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who interact with
Information Collected by Density
Density registration and customer support
You may provide us with information about you when you complete a Density web form, request a demonstration of our services, visit our Site, respond to an advertisement, or contact Density for information. During such processes, we collect Personal Information about you. For example, we may collect your name, company name, address, email, phone number, position, or title. We may also collect other public and third party information about you to supplement the information we hold such as information about the company where you work.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We use information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information as you navigate our Site. Through such tools, we receive and store information about how you use our Site. For example, we receive information that your browser or device sends to our servers whenever you visit our Site. Your browser or device may tell us your internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, computer and connection information such as browser type, version, language and time zone settings, browser plug-in types, operating system, and type of device you are using. Your browser may also tell us information such as the actions you take on our Site, the page that led you to our Site and, if applicable, the search terms you typed into a search engine that led you to our Site.
The information we receive through cookies and similar technologies may be associated with you, depending on the website you are using. In addition, third parties may be able to collect information about your online activities when you use our Site using cookies or other technologies. We use first-party and third-party cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies in accordance with the information and options that may be provided to you when those technologies are used.
We advertise online, including displaying Density ads across the Internet on websites and in apps. When we advertise online to you, we may collect information through such technologies about which ads are displayed to you, which ads you click on, and the web page where the ad was displayed to you.
Buttons, tools, and content from other companies
Density social networking pages
We maintain pages on many social networking sites, including LinkedIn and Facebook. We may collect information when you interact with our social networking pages.
Choice to not provide Personal Information
You can choose not to provide us with your Personal Information, but if you do not provide us with your Personal Information when we request it, we may not be able to provide you with the Site or information about our services that you desire to receive.
Use of the information collected by Density
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide you Site content
- Operate and improve our Site
- Personalize our Site and Communications to your likely interests and needs
- Conduct market research about our current and potential customers, their interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns
- Send you information by email about Density and our services, new releases, special offers, and similar marketing information
- Contact you via telephone to discuss our services and related offers with you
- Display personalized ads to you
- Combine information we collect about you with other public or private information sources in order to provide you with Communications that may be relevant to you
The information we collect about you may be combined with information from third party sources. For example, your name, email address, phone number, and title may be combined with information about the company you work for that is obtained from professional networking sites and information service providers. Our processing of your Personal Information for marketing purposes outside of a consent requirement in law will be in our legitimate interest. Where required under applicable law, we will obtain your consent to the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You can withdraw your consent or object to receiving further marketing information at any time as provided in our Communications or as described below.
Sharing information collected by Density
We work with companies that provide services or help support our business. These companies may provide Site and data hosting or send Communications on our behalf. These companies may have access to your Personal Information, including when we hire companies to help us market our Site and services and provide you with information and offers related to Density, including displaying ads to you across the Internet. Density may also share your Personal Information:
- When we are required or believe we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, applicable law, government statute, regulation, or other legal process
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary in our legitimate interests to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our Site or services against attacks, or protect the property and security of Density, or the property and security of our customers and users
- To the extent necessary to meet lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
- When you consent to the sharing
Information security and storage
We understand that the security of your Personal Information is important. We implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls designed to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are completely effective and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your Personal Information. Your Personal Information and data files are stored on our servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to us. We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide you with the Site, as needed to comply with our legal obligations and legal rights including to prevent fraud or enforce our agreements, and for our internal business reasons such as maintenance of our archive and backup systems for a period after your use of our Site ends. We retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us to develop and improve our services.
Cross-border data transfers
Your Personal Information may be transferred to and stored in the United States, or transferred to other countries where the companies we work with to help us run our business are located. You authorize Density to transfer your personal information across national borders. Certain of these countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information including, where relevant, data protection laws in Europe. When we transfer your Personal Information, we will take appropriate steps to ensure your privacy rights continue to be protected.
European Union data protection
Residents in the European Union are entitled to certain rights with respect to Personal Information that we hold about them under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Right of access and portability. The right to obtain access to your Personal Information, along with certain related information, and to receive that information in a commonly used format and to have it transferred to another data controller;
- Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your Personal Information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your Personal Information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the Personal Information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
- Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the Personal Information is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that Personal Information; and
- Right to object. The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your Personal Information, and to object to processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, to the extent it is related to such direct marketing.
You may also have the right to make a GDPR complaint to the relevant Supervisory Authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/dataprotection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please email us at email@example.com or contact us using the contact information provided below and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law. In some cases our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process Personal Information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
Your rights in respect of your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps intended to ensure that your Personal Information we collect is accurate, complete, and current by using the most recent information provided to us. For our Site and advertising, the following describes your options for managing the various types of cookies used by Density on our Site:
- Required Cookies: Required cookies are necessary to enable the basic features of our Site to function. Because required cookies are essential to operate our Site, there is no option to opt out of these cookies.
- Functionality Cookies: Functionality cookies allow us to analyze your use of our Site to evaluate and improve our performance. They may also be used to provide a better customer experience on our Site. For example, remembering information you have entered or choices you make, displaying more personal features, or providing us information about how our Site is used. To learn more about how to control functionality cookies using your browser settings, please see aboutcookies.org.
- Advertising Cookies: Advertising cookies are used to show you ads that are more relevant to you. We may share this information with advertisers or use it to better understand your interests. For example, advertising cookies may be used to share data with advertisers so that the ads you see are more relevant to you, or allow you to share certain pages with social networks. To learn more about these and other advertising networks and your ability to opt out of collection by certain third parties, please visit the opt-out pages of the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
Opting-out of Density Communications
You may opt out of receiving Communications by unsubscribing to the marketing mailings you no longer desire. To unsubscribe, please follow the “Unsubscribe” instructions that are contained within the mailing or other Communication that we send to you. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Unsubscribe” in the body, together with a description of the Communications you no longer desire to receive.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Site is intended for a general audience and are not directed to or intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent.
Questions or concerns
369 Sutter St
San Francisco, CA 94108